Monday, July 21, 2008

Apricot Chicken by Kip Clark


Bake: 1-1/2 hours Oven: 350ºF Makes: 4-6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 bottle red salad dressing
1 small bottle apricot jam (approximately 2 cups)
4-6 chicken breasts
NOTE: Currently, Lipton Onion Soup Mix is processed in a plant that also processes milk and egg products. To make sure this didn't interfere with my little guy's allergy, I substituted 1/4 cup dried chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 cup of chicken broth. Usually you could use 2 Tablespoons of beef bouillon, but since this was a chicken dish and I was making a sauce, I opted for the chicken broth.
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Mix first three ingredients in a blender and pour over chicken pieces in a shallow pan (9X13).
  2. Bake uncovered at 350ºF for 1 and 1/2 hours.
  3. Serve over rice if desired. (I like to cook my rice in chicken broth for more flavor in dishes like these.)

No comments: