Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pizza Dough

A number of pizza dough recipe's I've seen require "rising" time. When I want to make pizza, I want it to be just as fast as ordering it. This recipe works with whatever "rising" time you give it, 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 30--whatever!
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 1/2 cups flour

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Mix water, sugar and yeast together. Let sit 5 minutes until frothy.
  2. Add 1 cup of flour. Mix well with a wire whisk. Add salt and oil. Stir well.
  3. Add remaining flour and stir with a wooden spoon.
  4. Knead a few minutes. Cover and set aside until ready to add toppings (at least 5 minutes).
  5. With a rolling pin, make a 16" circle. Place on pizza stone and fold and flute edges.
  6. Layer sauce (we use 1/2 can Hunt's traditional spaghetti sauce sprinkled with dried basil, garlic powder and onion salt), cheese, and toppings, more cheese, etc.
  7. Place in a preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.

5 comments:

something good said...

Missed ya! Pizza is my favorite food group-I'll be trying this dough soon!

Hope your having a good Tuesday!

michelle said...

Holy cow! Another new recipe! I am seriouly impressed sista. I like my pizza dough recipe alright, but I gotta admit...this looks a little better. One thing though Reeree...I NEED PICTURES. (Seriously..for some reason it helps motivate me to try new things.) Good job, you blogger you!

Grant and Tasha Bigler said...

I think you are great! I loved the pizza you made the other day, so I tried it and it was Soooooooo easy and with my crazy life I need easy. Thanks for inspiring me! My husband is so impressed and I even impressed my grandmother in Az by whipping pizza out one afternoon. Thanks!

Cheree said...

Thanks, for the rave review, Tasha :-)

Emily said...

Cheree,
Yeah, this isn't Emily, it's your favorite sister, MICHELLE. I thought you should know, I DID make this dough a couple months ago and it is fan-flippin-tastic. It is my new go-to pizza dough recipe. The crust turned out perfectly and more importantly, it tasted great and didn't stick to my pan. I'm printing it off right now so I can make it again today. GREAT RECIPE!