Friday, October 24, 2008

"Impress Your Friends" Salsa

My sister-in-law gave me the original recipe for this salsa. It originally calls for chopped jalapenos and 2 cans of stewed tomatoes. I don't usually have jalapenos on hand so I substituted the jalapenos and stewed tomatoes for 2 cans mexican stewed tomatoes. Every time I've brought this to a gathering I'm asked for the recipe.
INGREDIENTS:


2 cans mexican stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon red onion, minced
1 can petite diced tomatoes

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Place mexican stewed tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, 1/4 cup red onion, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined.
  2. Pour into a separate bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon red onion and petite tomatoes.
  3. Chill for 1 hour before serving. (You can also serve immediately if desired.)
  4. Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

something good said...

I've been looking for years for a good salsa recipe. Dave was recently raving about some salsa he had from a lady at work - he said she used stewed tomatoes...I think we've got a winner!