Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peanut Allergies

So we took my son to the doctor a couple of weeks ago to get him retested for his allergies to milk and eggs. Apparently, it IS possible for kids to grow out of these allergies. So with our fingers crossed we took him to the doctor hoping to discover his allergies had vanished. Unfortunately, we discovered he still had them (the milk allergy "looks" like it's decreasing). Not only did he still have them, but he had a new allergy--an allergy to peanuts! Ugh. My two nephews have been battling this allergy their entire life. Now we join their group of always carrying an Epi-Pen. So you'll now notice a new tag on my blog--of "nut-free." Anyhow . . . now more than ever, you'll begin to see recipes with alternate ingredients to allow our little guy to join in on the fun. However, with my fingers crossed, I'll still be posting the original recipes hoping that one day he'll at least grow out of the milk allergy.

No comments: