Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sweet Mustard Chicken on Rice

Bake: 2 hours
Oven: 300ºF
Makes: 6-8 servings
I found this recipe on Recipezaar. The original recipe uses whole grain mustard, I switched that out for table mustard. Additionally, it's for grilled chicken. Since I don't own a grill, I thought the slow baking would be delicious...and it was!
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons table mustard
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
ground black pepper to taste (I did about 1/4 teaspoon)
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or as many chicken breasts that will fit in a 9X13 baking dish

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Whisk together ingredients for mustard sauce
  2. Place chicken in a 9 X 13 inch pan
  3. Pour mustard sauce over chicken
  4. Bake for 2 hours, uncovered at 300º, basting chicken every 20 minutes
  5. Serve over rice

1 comment:

michelle said...

This is really quite good. My entire family (with the exception of David...which is totally normal)ate it up. My chicken breasts were really cheap and thin and cooked up in less than 1 hour so make sure you buy quality chicken breasts or cut the time on the oven. (Next time I will do the former.) Thanks for another great recipe Cheree!