Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sweet-n-Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken

My sister recommended this recipe. She found it on My Kitchen Cafe who found it on Prudence Pennywise! Wherever you find the recipe, it's delicious! We had this for dinner tonight, and the hubby said it's a definite do-over. We served it in flour tortillas with shredded cheddar cheese, iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream. We also had some seasoned black beans and sweet rice on the side. Delicious!
INGREDIENTS:


1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Coat inside of crock pot with no stick cooking spray.
  2. Place all ingredients in crock pot.
  3. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, or until chicken shreds very easily with a fork.
  4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Chicken will absorb liquid after it is shredded.)
  5. Serve in tacos.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

ooh, that looks heavenly and simple - just my kind of recipe!

Unknown said...

So... I didn't have 2 of the four ingredients. I didn't have much of anything. But I had Rotel. So I used chicken, Rotel, and brown Sugar. It turned out great. Super easy and tender.
(PS: I hadn't cooked chicken for about 8 months. The few times we had had it, I made my husband cook it since I had dried it out too many times!)